Coronavirus Emergency Measures
By now it will be clear that communal events at Boundary Way are halted for the foreseeable future. The AGM and rent collection will now be moved to September. At present plotholders can access the allotments if they adhere to the government guidelines. The National Association has a list of do’s and don’ts which I quote below:
- Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locks
- Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2-3 metres
- Do not share tools
- Minimise the contact with each other for example no handshakes
- Do not wash your hands in water troughs
- For further details follow this link.
Penn Gardening Society have told me that they will only open the shop on Sunday mornings and that of course may change so it would be a good idea to contact John Bennett. Incidentally, like many shops they are caught with quite a large amount of stock ready for the growing season, so they will be happy to accommodate customers if possible.
Secretary, Boundary Way Allotments and Community Garden
The information in this section of the website is for current plotholders and those whose interest lies in renting a plot and growing their own vegetables, fruit and flowers. You will find links to information you may be looking for, such as Applying for a Plot, on the left of this page.
Boundary Way is a diverse and beautiful site that is always ready to welcome new plot holders and celebrate the achievements of the allotment community, past and present. We have a very active committee that holds regular social events, meetings and open days.
Current plot holders, see below for current information:
- The minutes of the 2019 AGM are available by following this link.
- The accounts for the past year (1st April 2019 – 31st March 2020) can be viewed by following this link.
It is not anticipated that there will be an increase to the rents this year. Here are the details regarding rental charges for the coming year:
The costs of plots are as follows:
- FULL PLOT- £35.00
- HALF PLOT- £25.00
- RAISED BED- £15.00
- Polytunnel table- £5.00
- Polytunnel raised bed- £10.00
Plot holders who would like to have a table or raised bed (if vacant) must pay for it at the same time as their plot rent.
• Full plot plus polytunnel table: total rent due £40.00.
• Half plot plus polytunnel table: total rent due £30.00.
Comments are closed.