By now it will be clear that communal events at Boundary Way are halted for the foreseeable future. The AGM and rent collection will now be moved to September. At present plotholders can access the allotments if they adhere to the government guidelines. The National Association has a list of do’s and don’ts which I quote below:
- Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locks
- Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2-3 metres
- Do not share tools
- Minimise the contact with each other for example no handshakes
- Do not wash your hands in water troughs
- For further details follow this link.
Penn Gardening Society have told me that they will only open the shop on Sunday mornings and that of course may change so it would be a good idea to contact John Bennett. Incidentally, like many shops they are caught with quite a large amount of stock ready for the growing season, so they will be happy to accomodate customers if at all possible.
Howard Berry, Secretary, Boundary Way Allotments and Community Garden.
23rd March 2020